Who would you ugar World Summit? Let us know now as we're planning this virtual event.
Join our new Sugar World Summit Facebook page, too.
This virtual event will feature leading internationally acclaimed experts in sugar addiction, weight loss, mindful eating, cravings, the food-mood connection and more.
The Sugar World Summit — which will begin October 17, exactly two weeks before Halloween — will help you discover both The Sour Scoop and Sweet Solutiions.
Here's an updated list.
Among those who’ve already agreed to participate are:
- Robert Lustig, M.D., pediatric endocrinologist and New York Times bestselling author of Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity & Disease. His “Sugar: The Bitter Truth” lecture has had more than 4.6 million hits on YouTube. Photo shown above.
- Mark Hyman, M.D., chairman of the Institute for Functional Medicine, medical editor at the Huffington Post, on the Medical Advisory Board at "The Doctor Oz Show," and New York Times bestselling author of The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet..
- JJ Virgin, P.h.D., C.N.S., celebrity nutritionist, fitness expert, New York Times bestselling author, whose new book, JJ Virgin's Sugar Impact Diet: Drop 7 Hidden Sugars, Lose Up To 10 Pounds, Just 2 Weeks, is being published days after the Sugar World Summit.
- David Perlmutter, M.D., "Empowering Neurologist," Linus Pauling award-winner and author of the # 1 New York Times bestselling Grain Brain.
- Diane Sanfillippo, BS, NC, Certified Nutrition Consultant, founder of Balanced Bites, and New York Times Best-Selling author of Practical Paleo and 21-Day Sugar Detox
- Jimmy Moore, popular low-carb blogger, co-author with Dr. Eric Westman of Cholesterol Clarity. He shed 180 pounds and peeled off 20 inches by quitting sugar and going low carb.
- Dr Pedram Shojai, former Taoist monk, physician of Chinese medicine and founder of founder of the popular site, Well.org
- Trudy Scott, nutritionist, food-mood expert and author of The Antianxiety Food Solutionof Being Kind to Yourself
- Colette Baron-Reid, internationally renowned intuitive counselor, life coach, and author of Weight Loss for People Who Feel Too Much
- Roberta Ruggiero, founder of the Hypoglycemia Support Foundation and author of Do’s and Don’ts of Hypoglycemia. An Every Day Guide to Low Blood Sugar.
- Ann Louise Gittleman, Ph.D., CNS, leading nutritional expert and award-winning New York Times bestselling author, whose books include Zapped: Why Your Cell Phone Shouldn't be Your Alarm Clock and 1,268 Ways to Outsmart the Hazards of Electronic Pollution and Get the Sugar Out, Revised and Updated: 501 Simple Ways to Cut the Sugar Out of Any Diet
- High Voltage (Kathie Dolgin), author of Sugar Savvy and founder of Energy Up Voltage Approved, Inc. (EUVA), a nonprofit organization to fight teenage obesity and to prevent type 2 diabetes and other diseases, particularly among teenage girls.
You'll also hear from such scientists and practicing physicians as:
- Pamela Peeke, M.D., MCPH, FACP,
MD, MPH, FACP
internationally recognized expert, physician, scientist and author of the New York Times bestselling author of The Hunger Fix: the 3 Stage Detox and Recovery Plan for Overeating and Food Addiction
- Richard Johnson, M.D., a practicing physician, acclaimed clinical scientist and author of The Sugar Fix::What You Don’t Know about Fructose and HFCS Could Kill You.
- Food scientist Steven Witherly, Ph.D., author of Why Humans Like Junk Food.
- Mindless eating expert Brian Wansink, Ph.D., author of Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think and Jojhn Dyson Endowed Chair in the Applied Economics and Management Department at Cornell University, where he directs the Cornell Food and Brand Lab
- Kristin Neff, PhD., Associate Professor, Human Development and Culture, Educational Psychology Dept., University of Texas at Austin and author of Self-Compassion: Stop Beating Yourself Up and Leave Insecurity Behind
- Jean L. Kristeller, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Department of Psychology and Senior Research Scientist, Indiana State University and past president, The Center for Mindful Eating.
- Jan Chozen Bays, M.D., pediatrician, Zen teacher and author of Mindful Eating: A Guide to Rediscovering a Healthy and Joyful Relationship with Food
We'll also be joined by our sugar-conscious allies from all over the world, including:
- David Gillespie whose first book, Sweet Poison, first published in 2008, was widely credited with starting the current Australian wave of anti-sugar sentiment.
- Sarah Wilson, acclaimed Australian blogger, TV personality, journalist, author of I Quit Sugar and founder of the popular I Quit Sugar Community
- Serge H. Ahmed, Ph.D., CNRS Research Director, Principal Investigator & Team Leader, Addiction, Compulsion and Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome, Université de Bordeaux. He's done fascinating research on addcition, sugar and cocaine.
In some of the programs, I'll conducting the interview along with an esteened journalist or blogger. For instance, I'll be joined by:
- Jeff O'Connell, editor in chief of Bodybuilding.com and author of the fabulous book, Sugar Nation, will join me in co-interving reviewing
- Jimmy Moore, popular low-carb blogger, (Cited above.)
Get in on the planning. Who would you like me to help you during the Sugar World Summit? Share your ideas now.